How to make black forest cake at home
The ideal birthday cake for Indians is the black forest cake. From a toddler’s first birthday to a couple’s 50th anniversary, black forest cake has its place on every occasion. Although it is a treat to everyone, it is not that challenging to prepare at home. If you want to know how to make black forest cake, then keep reading.
- 1 tin (400 gms) Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 200 ml Aerated Soda
- 2 tsp Icing Sugar/Powdered Sugar
- 200 gms Fresh Cream
- 50 gms Milk Chocolate
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 ¾ cup (175 gms) Maida
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 100 gms Butter
- 3-4 heaped tbsp (25 gms) Cocoa Powder
- 1 small tin Cherries
For the Cake
- Take an 8” pan and grease it. Spread some flour on it. Preheat the oven at 180o.
- Take a bowl and sieve cocoa powder, maida, baking soda and baking powder together.
- In another bowl, take the softened butter (not melted) and pour Nestlé MILKMAID in it. Do not miss to beat both the ingredients well. After that, add vanilla essence to the mixture.
- Now, slowly and alternatively, add the previous mixture of dry ingredients and aerated soda to the Nestlé MILKMAID batter. Make sure soda and maida are totally consumed.
- Take the baking soda tin and pour the batter in it. Bake it for 40-45 minutes in the oven.
- Insert a toothpick through the centre of the cake to see if it has cooked or not. Once the toothpick comes out clean, remove the cake from the oven. Wait till it cools.
- Take a knife and swirl it through the sides of the cake to loosen it so that it does not stick.
- Take a wire rack and turn the cake over it. If a wire rack is not available, you can also use a plate. Let it cool a little more and then cut it horizontally into 2 pieces.
- Now, take the cherries and drain and destone them. Soak the cake pieces into the cherry syrup.
For the Whipped Cream
- Take sugar and cream and whip it thoroughly.
- Stop and set it aside when you see that it is fluffy and light.
- Spread the whipped cream between the two cut layers of the cake. Then take more of the cream to spread on the top layer of the cake.
- Add chopped up cherries for decoration to the cake. You can also add grated milk chocolate on the top.
- Chill the cake and slice it to serve.
Here is the easiest recipe to make the yummiest black forest cake at home without hassle for any occasion. You can serve it on birthdays, baby showers, wedding receptions, anniversaries and even as dessert after dinner! Try experimenting by adding more toppings to the cake and make it more interesting. However, with this quick recipe, you will be able to make a yummy black forest cake! If you want to add some variety, then check out some pancakes recipes to savour up on at breakfast.
Please note: It is a unique content. Only ingredients are appearing.